Q & A Home
Version 3 Architecture
Downloading Rulebase Updates
- Do I need to create a scheduled task for the getRulebase.cmd?
- Do you zip the updates files?
- How do I get Message Sniffer updates?
- How does the update detection work?
- I am experiencing extremely slow downloads getting updates. What's going on?
- I have been having trouble with my update script. Nothing has changed, so what could be wrong?
- I run the getRulebase script but nothing happens.
- Is there a way I can check for a 0 byte .snf file?
- My server is continuously attempting to download my rulebase file as if it is stuck in a loop. What's going on?
- My SNF updates are too slow; Rulebase timestamps are in the future??
- The 'getrulebase.cmd' file works if I run it manually, but does not work when left to run by itself. Why?
- We are using the wget update script running for our automated downloads, but it is giving an unexpected end of file using the gzip. Why?
- What is the recommended interval of time I should set to get updates for the *.snf file?
- When I download the update the .snf in the sniffer directory doesn't get updated. Why?
- When should I download my updates?
- Where is the UpdateReady.txt file created?
- Why am I receiving a "Bad Command Line" error in my getRulebase.cmd file?
- Why are you deprecating the FTP access to updates?
Using Rulebase Updates
- Do we need to restart the SMTP server every time we update the rulebase?
- Does SNFServer automatically load the new updated rulebase if I copy it to the snf directory while SNFServer.exe is running?
- How long does it usually take before SNF Server realizes that there is a new rulebase?
- How do I verify that SNFServer has loaded the latest rulebase?
- SNF Updates stopped working after installing a firewall (cisco asc). I can still force an update if I touch UpdateReady.txt and run the getRulebase script, but I'd like to fix this and go back to it being automatic.
- What is snf2check.exe? Do I need to rename it?